MIT Alumni Angel Investors of Northern California would like to:
- Welcome, invest, and mentor entrepreneurs to bring their innovations to applications.
- Bring the connections and leadership of MIT alumni investors to our entrepreneurs.
- Leverage the power of MIT alumni network in Silicon Valley to perform technical and business diligence on investment opportunities.
- Focus on emerging science and technology startups backed by significant R&D and IP.
- Has been in operation since January 2014.
- Over 400 accredited investors.
- Over 500 startups submitted applications.
- Invested millions of dollars in startups.
- About a third of startups who pitched received an investment.
- Host pitch events at least once every quarter.
- February 13, 2020 - CloudCath Announces $12 Million Series A Financing for At-Home Dialysis Monitoring Technology
- January 30, 2020 - SQZ Biotech Announces First Patient Dosed in Phase 1 Trial of SQZ-PBMC-HPV for HPV+ Tumors
- January 22, 2020 - MedWand's telemedicine device named one of the coolest new medical gadgets from CES 2020 by MDLinx
- January 15, 2020 - Orders Surpass $1million for Axiom Energy's Refrigeration AI Software
- January 15, 2020 - Neocis's Yomi exceeded one-thousand implant surgeries in 2019
Next pitch event: June 2020.
Application Deadline: May 1, 2020.
(Companies do NOT need to have MIT alumni to apply)