MIT Alumni Angel Investors of Northern California would like to:
- Welcome, invest, and mentor entrepreneurs to bring their innovations to applications.
- Bring the connections and leadership of MIT alumni investors to our entrepreneurs.
- Leverage the power of MIT alumni network in Silicon Valley to perform technical and business diligence on investment opportunities.
- Focus on emerging science and technology startups backed by significant R&D and IP.
- Has been in operation since January 2014.
- Over 400 accredited investors.
- Over 500 startups submitted applications.
- Invested millions of dollars in startups.
- About a third of startups who pitched received an investment.
- Host pitch events at least once every quarter.
- April 30, 2019 - Vartega Awarded Competitive Grant from the National Science Foundation
- January 21, 2019 - gel-e Expands Patent Estate
- August 8, 2018 - Funding Alert: SQZ Biotech Completes Oversubscribed $72M Series C Financing.
- August 7, 2018 - Funding Alert: Left Hand Robotics Receives $3.7M in Seed Financing.
- May 9, 2018 - Exit Alert: Nortek Security & Control acquires IntelliVision.
Next pitch event: December 2019.
Application Deadline: November 1, 2019.
(Companies do NOT need to have MIT alumni to apply)