MIT Alumni Angel Investors of Northern California would like to:
- Welcome, invest, and mentor entrepreneurs to bring their innovations to applications.
- Bring the connections and leadership of MIT alumni investors to our entrepreneurs.
- Leverage the power of MIT alumni network in Silicon Valley to perform technical and business diligence on investment opportunities.
- Focus on emerging science and technology startups backed by significant R&D and IP.
- Has been in operation since January 2014.
- Over 400 accredited investors.
- Over 500 startups submitted applications.
- Invested millions of dollars in startups.
- About a third of startups who pitched received an investment.
- Host pitch events at least once every quarter.
August 8, 2018 - Funding Alert: SQZ Biotech Completes Oversubscribed $72 Million Series C Financing.
August 7, 2018 - Funding Alert: Left Hand Robotics Receives $3.7M in Seed Financing to Ramp Production.
May 9, 2018 - Exit Alert: Nortek Security & Control acquires IntelliVision, one of our portfolio companies.
Next pitch event: December 2018, Palo Alto.
Application Deadline: November 1st, 2018.