MIT Alumni Angel Investors of Northern California would like to:
- Welcome, invest, and mentor entrepreneurs to bring their innovations to applications.
- Bring the connections and leadership of MIT alumni investors to our entrepreneurs.
- Leverage the power of MIT alumni network in Silicon Valley to perform technical and business diligence on investment opportunities.
- Focus on emerging science and technology startups backed by significant R&D and IP.
- Has been in operation since January 2014.
- Over 400 accredited investors.
- Over 500 startups submitted applications.
- Invested millions of dollars in startups.
- About a third of startups who pitched received an investment.
- Host pitch events at least once every quarter.
- May 21, 2020 - This MIT PhD Just Raised $65 Million For His Clinical Stage Cell Therapy Company
- February 13, 2020 - CloudCath Announces $12 Million Series A Financing for At-Home Dialysis Monitoring Technology
- January 22, 2020 - MedWand's telemedicine device named one of the coolest new medical gadgets from CES 2020 by MDLinx
Next pitch event: February 2021.
Application Deadline: January 25, 2021.
(Companies do NOT need to have MIT alumni to apply)