MIT Alumni Angel Investors of Northern California would like to:
- Welcome, invest, and mentor entrepreneurs to bring their innovations to applications.
- Bring the connections and leadership of MIT alumni investors to our entrepreneurs.
- Leverage the power of MIT alumni network in Silicon Valley to perform technical and business diligence on investment opportunities.
- Focus on emerging science and technology startups backed by significant R&D and IP.
- Has been in operation since January 2014.
- Over 400 accredited investors.
- Over 500 startups submitted applications.
- Invested millions of dollars in startups.
- About a third of startups who pitched received an investment.
- Host pitch events at least once every quarter.
- November 7, 2019 - SQZ Biotech and AskBio Announce Research Collaboration to Create Immune Tolerization Products for AAV Gene Therapies
- October 2, 2019 - YouSolar is introducing the FORCE, a 16 kW inverter with peak power of 32 kW that fits inside a shoebox!
- September 26, 2019 - Neocis' Yomi robot revolutionizes dentistry with first surgery in Oklahoma
- August 28, 2019 - The First Self-Driving Outdoor Robot Transforms from Commercial Field Mower to Snow Clearing Robot – Left Hand Robotics Receives $3.6M in New Funding
- August 15, 2019 - Equinor and AMS Launch First-Ever Autonomous Sailing Platform For Offshore Wind Surveys
- June 26, 2019 - Aromyx Corp. Closes $3 Million Investment to Grow Its Team and Continue Development of Sensory Platform to Digitally Measure Taste and Smell
Next pitch event: December 2019.
Application Deadline: November 1, 2019.
(Companies do NOT need to have MIT alumni to apply)